We have a wide selection of apartments available for foreigners.
Please let us help you find a comfortable place for you to live.
What’s the process of looking for apartment in Japan?
②Inquire ABLE International Service Department, and we will introduce potential properties based on your requests.
③ABLE International Service Department will arrange a proper branch office to assist you. Making up an appointment to visit our branch office, and the branch officer will guide you to see the properties.
④After selecting an apartment, submit the application form. Then the landlord will review on your documents. Sometime, supplemented documents may be asked from the landlord if necessary.
⑤After got an agreement from the landlord, ABLE branch officer will explain the Important Items of Leasing Contract to you.
⑥Sign the contract. Confirm and fully understand the contents of the leasing contract, sign and seal the contract.
⑦Pay the initial amount. Pick up the key of the apartment. This concludes the contractual process.
Can I begin the process before arriving Japan?
Yes. Contact ABLE International Service Department before hands, and we will help to shorten some processes to save your time after arriving Japan. For example ①you can get the potential property information by Email, and select your prefer ones before arriving, ②ABLE can confirm the details with landlords in advance to see if the properties are available to foreigners, ③to those foreign students who has no guarantor, ABLE International Service Department can support to process the guarantee company’s oversea review to shorten the review time after arriving Japan.
Can I complete the leasing contract before coming Japan and move into the apartment the day I arrived?
No. Except for a small part of shared houses and monthly mansions, usually it is very hard to check-in on the day you arrived. The reason is that you will be required to apply for an apartment only after seeing it, and you cannot apply for an apartment unless you got a foreigner residence card, which only can be gotten after arriving Japan.
If everything goes well, you can move within 3-10 days after arriving. Please confirm the time by contacting ABLE International Service Department.
What documents should I submit to apply for one apartment?
The documents should be a bit different based on the requirements of the landlords. Usually the documents include ①certificate documents of your guarantor or guarantee company ② seal registration certificate of your guarantor ③ foreigner’s residence card ④ certificate of enrollment ⑤ the proof of your income
What items should I bring on the day signing for the leasing contract?
①your seal ② your ID ③the other necessary documents
Must I have a Japanese guarantor?
Yes, a Japanese guarantor will be required by the landlord.
What should I do if I don’t have a Japanese guarantor?
If you don’t have a Japanese guarantor, you will be asked to use a guarantee company, this means the guarantee company will act as your guarantor. Usually the guarantee company will charge you 50% of rent at the first year (one-time), and 10,000 yen/year from the second year. Some guarantee companies charge a bit different.
I saw the apartments on the website are not furnished, is this actually the case? What should I do to arrange the furniture?
Yes, most Japanese apartments are not furnished.
ABLE International Service Department can introduce the rental furniture service, if you want to know the details, please contact us.
I am planning to keep a pet in the future. Should I inform this to the landlords?
Yes, many Japanese apartments are not available for pet. Do please let us know this in advance so that we can negotiate with the landlords.
My families/friends may come to leave with me. Should I inform this to the landlords?
Yes, considering the wear and noise, many landlords do not accept adding members. Do please let us know this in advance so that we can negotiate with the landlords.
We have a kid/kids. Should I inform this to the landlords?
Yes, considering the wear and noise, many landlords do not accept a kid/kids. Do please let us know this in advance so that we can negotiate with the landlords.
Will the key money be back to me when I move out?
No. Key money means a” reward” paid by the leaser to the landlord, and it won’t be returned to the leaser when moving out.
What is the difference between deposit and guarantee fee?
The deposit will be paid back to the leaser after deducted the recovery expenses. The guarantee fee won’t be returned to the leaser.
What is the insurance fee?
Fire insurance. Many landlords require the leaser to buy fire insurance. There are many options based on the structure of the house, the size of the room and the content of the insurance. Insurance policies cover not only fire but also water leakage accidents, etc.
Is water/electricity/gas cost included in the rent?
No, the water/electricity/gas cost is not included in the rent. The water/electricity/gas bureau charge for it. You can pay them at the convenience store.
How to renew the leasing contract after 2 years?
ABLE or the landlord will send you the renew contract form about 1-2 months before the expiration date. The renewal contract will explain how to handle and deliver the renewal fee. Please do not hesitate to contact ABLE International Service Department if you are not sure about how to deal with it.
What is the procedure when I am leaving the apartment?
Usually 1-3 months notices before check-out is required by the landlords. Also, you may be required to be present when moving out. If you are required to be present, please have your apartment key and your seal ready. If the apartment is soiled or damaged, you have to pay expenses to repair the apartment.
monthly rent 76,000yen management fee 6,000yen deposit 38,000yen key money 76,000yen layout 1K room size 26㎡ year of construction 2011 communication 16mins by train to Otemachi,
4mins walking to the nearest St.
monthly rent 141,000yen management fee 9,000yen deposit 141,000yen key money 141,000yen layout 2LDK room size 56㎡ year of construction 1990 communication 5mins by train to Sinjuku,
6mins walking to the nearest St.
monthly rent 55,000yen management fee 3,000yen deposit 0yen key money 0yen layout 1K(loft) room size 20㎡ year of construction 2014 communication 17mins by train to Tennoji,
15mins walking to the nearest St.
- The life in Japan is very convenient and comfortable. On the other hand, efficient is also very important in this country. As a HR manager of the company, most time I have to arrange a domicile for the employee in a short time because of an urgent personnel transfer. ABLE always find us apartments quickly and properly. I really appreciate their helps. I hope they can help us continually.
- ABLE is a well-known real estate company in Japan. The staff are honest and trusty. They found a nice apartment for me. I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot! The customs in Japan are very different to China. Open your heart and open your mind, you will adapt here soon. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. It is very important to use a dependable agency when you look for an apartment in Japan. I think ABLE is definitely a dependable company. I hope they will help international students continually!
- There are many branch offices of ABLE, so you can search apartments in wide areas. The official website of ABLE is also very convenient. I found on ABLE’s HP some properties even have 360 ° panorama photos, but some have only a few outside photos. I’d like all 360 ° panoramic photos! When you are planning to rent an apartment in Japan, plan it earlier. Because the contract processes will cost more time than China. The location should not have to near to the University because the traffic is very convenient in Japan.
- The staff of ABLE are very patient and worm-hearted. They helped me a lot. When rent a house in Japan, you should choose a formal intermediary. Such as ABLE! Also you should follow the regulations in Japan. Life in Japan is really convenient. Don’t forget to clean up the house before leaving or you will be charged.
- The atmosphere of ABLE’ branch office is very comfortable. The staff are very kind and they response me fast. Thanks for ABLE so that I can found an ideal apartment smoothly for the first time in Japan. Most time, smartphone is necessary to sign for a lease contract. It should be better to prepare for it as soon as arrived Japan.
- ABLE has a lot of properties and the staff are polite. Before I arrive Japan, ABLE has helped me finished the oversea review so that I can contract for an apartment as soon as I arrived Tokyo. This is really comfortable. I think ABLE should advertise abroad to make more foreigners know it. Before coming to Japan, you can ask your friends in Japan to take some photos and videos of the apartments. This will help you to make up a decision.
Having one of Japan’s largest real estate networks, ABLE is able to support and help overseas customers as well.
Trade name ABLE. INC Head Office 1-5-5 MOTOAKASAKA SF Building Motoakasaka, Minatoku, Tokyo 107-0051,Japan Capital Stock 80 million yen Incorporation of a comapany Jul.1979 Number of Employees 3,393 An Executive DAISUKE SAKAI Shop in Japan Company store 430，Franchised retail store 375 Overseas store 13
※Update on Feb.2019
icense Number Ministry of Land,Infrastructure （6）5338